Well, Kaileigh's birth aunt - let's call her "T" - has been talking to me for several months about trying to schedule a visit with Kaileigh & her birth mom. Kaileigh has not had a "real" visit with birth mom since July 2005. We have seen her - at McDonald's, the mall..... but no visit. I last spoke with her last week - she said that this weekend would be best for them. It is Easter weekend & I was not enthused, but I told her to call me this week to confirm the time & place. I gave her my phone number. I sent a note & my phone number to T through her boss (a customer of mine) on Monday. And another one today.
No phone call, so no visit.....
Maybe this is best, but it disappoints me that they cannot be bothered to make ONE phone call to schedule a time to see this precious, sweet child.
Of course, we did schedule a visit with birth grandmother about a year ago & it lasted all of 15 minutes, so I should know that they are not all that interested.
That sounds cruel, but honestly, they do not have the capacity to be truly interested in Kaileigh. They love her in their own way - the way some people love their clothing or their shoes - you know, as a possession - as a symbol of something or other..... But they do not have the capacity to do more. I should remember this - a dear friend who is a social worker once told me "Christy, if K's birth family was able to love and care for her the way you expect them to, she would still be living there."
At least I did not tell Kaileigh about the visit, so she will not be disappointed.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment