Sunday, June 12, 2011

By Request - a Story About Hunter, Hunter, Hunter........

So, as most of you know, Hunter has been in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep trouble most of the spring. 

He got suspended in March for calling a girl some pretty nasty names AND for being stupid enough to use the computer in the computer lab at school to do it.  Then in April, he got suspended for getting caught with his MP3 player at school.

The assistant principal at the high school and I are on a first name basis.  And that kind of sucks.  Seriously wanted to fly UNDER the radar at the high school for a while, but whatev.......

Sooooooooooo, one night a couple of weeks ago, I asked Hunter to take out the garbage.  It was already dark, so close to 8 pm.  It took a while and I started to go look for him when I got a text - "Ran into JJ, be home in a few."  Now, we had a female JJ in my high school, but this one happens to be male.....  No problem.

A while later, a woman came to my door with her 5 year old - looking for her babysitter.  Yep, she had come home and her 5 year old was playing outside alone - babysitter nowhere to be found.  No, we had not seen her.  5 year old pipes up "She came over here - I am sure of it."  Neighbor wants to come in and look around (like I have hidden her babysitter from her - lol).  Nope, no Megan.  Duh.

But it got me to thinking.......  I did not think to ask if the babysitter was young or old.  So I texted Hunter - no answer.  I put my shoes on & went outside to ask him & JJ if they knew the babysitter (see I am a little slow sometimes when it comes to my kids).......

Hunter was coming up the walk, so I asked him if he knew Megan or if he had seen her.  Nope, no clue - Megan?  Nope, I don't know anyone named Megan.  THAT should have been my first clue..... there are about a zillion and 3 Megans at his school.......

So he comes inside and we are talking.....and I am looking at him...... and suddenly, I start thinking I am going to hyperventilate.....

So I ask, "Hunter, is JJ gay?" 

He looks at me like I have 3 heads.  So I say "Really, it's cool if he is - I just would really like to know.  I like gay people.  I have friends who are homosexual.  Really, so is JJ gay?"

He says "No, mom" and rolls his eyes.

I ask, "And the only person you saw was JJ?" 

Hunter: "Yes - do I need to put you in the home????" (My grandmother is in assisted living - she has dementia - Hunter often tells me I will be sharing a room with her soon)

I said, "No, but I am confused - if JJ is not gay, why in the world did he put that big ole hickey on your neck?"

Hunter turned 47 shades of red, then dashed to the bathroom to look at his neck.....

I am sure you can all fill in the rest of the story.  Hunter did not, in fact, run into JJ at all.  He did, however, know Megan - apparently a lot better than I want him to know any girl at his age.

It was a proud moment in my life, I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am fairly certain that he will be more careful, though, bc his sister and I have enjoyed torturing him quite a bit about it.....

Graduation party the following day - entire family, plus tons of kids from SSHS - Kaileigh announces LOUDLY "My brother has a hickey - that's why he's wearing that shirt with the collar - so you won't see it." 

PRICELESS!!!!!!

I have chosen to ignore David when he says I am paying for my raising.  Let's just all be glad that I am not paying for HIS raising yet.......

No comments:

Post a Comment