Sunday, October 24, 2010

Single White Female......

So I was talking to a friend (male) of mine last night & he told me I was too picky.  I told him I like being single most of the time - and any time I compromise my standards, I end up miserable......

Then, today, a recent ex called to tell me how horribly I had treated him.... (you may remember him - the sex guy - LOL)...... I said "Umm, Ok. Anything else?"

But this did get me to thinking.....

Am I really a terrible person or am I really too picky?  Do I really like being single?

I have 2 failed marriages.  I know the first one was partly (maybe even mostly) my fault.  The second was not - except for the mistake I made by marrying him in the first place - but hey, we all make mistakes.

I even called my first husband and talked to him about it.  He and I get along fairly well now..... we have had some ugly years, but we are determined to be friends - and we are true friends - we have been through hell and back together......

He agreed that I was too picky, but not terrible.  He also said that some people are not made for marriage and maybe I am one of those people.....


He would know - he was married to me......  poor thing!!!



I know that God creates us for marriage - one man, one woman, for life.

I know that society likes us to be paired up.  It is like we are defective if we are not paired.

But really,

I like to be able to do what I want when I want.

I like to be able to cook what I want.

I like to be able to make plans without consulting someone else.

I like to spend money on whatever I want without consulting someone else.

So, yeah, I guess I am terrible.

LOL


I do get lonely sometimes for that someone to talk to, that built in date, that person to share burdens with......

But is that a reason to "date" or to marry?

Not to me.



But I have a running list in my head of what I am "looking for" even though I am not really looking..... KWIM?

Someone who is striving to be the man God created him to be. 
Someone who has a passion for life and a passion in life.
Someone who loves children and can tolerate teenagers - lol.  
Someone who is gainfully employed.
Someone without a criminal record or a substance abuse problem.
Someone who is honest.


And someone without a ZZ Top beard.  (That is a recent addition and the reason he told me I was too picky).

2 comments:

  1. Not fair that they have to tolerate teenagers. NOW I think you're picky! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Heather. I know, but since I *HAVE* a teenager, you know.....

    ReplyDelete