Well.................
David's mother finally responded to his e-mail. It was not as bad as he was afraid of. But it was not awesome either.
She has "no idea" what on earth she could have ever done to hurt anyone's feelings.......
And she has known about his drug use since he was a teenager. The stealing and lying, she claims to have known for his whole life.
She says she is happy for us to reconcile but who knows how she really feels, so that is good and I will try my darnedest to focus on the positive.......
But.......
She wrote "I did not feel it was my place to address these faults of yours."
Ok - I am sorry, but I have a 16 year old...... if I knew he was lying, stealing or using drugs, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be MY place to at least discuss it with him.
What kind of mother continues to give large amounts of money to a teenager, young adult and later a family man that she KNOWS has a drug problem????????
What kind of mother knows that her teenager is using drugs, alcohol, lying and stealing and does not at least say "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING??????????"
Really???????
Her solution was to pretend it was not happening and to pray that he would see the light.
He has.
Unfortunately, it came after 27 years, 2 failed marriages and one child's broken heart........
I was initially angry that she was holding a grudge about me yelling at her to stop feeding Kaileigh milk products 7 years ago and for continually reminding everyone she ever met that she has 3 "REAL" grandchildren and an "Adopted" grandchild - always whispered, like I remember people whispering the word cancer when I was growing up, like it is shameful and catching.......
And for treating me like crap. And for treating Hunter and Kaileigh differently than her other grandchildren.
I really have been angry for a long time about all of that............
But now, now, I am LIVID for the devastation her "love of her son" caused in his life, in my life, in my children's lives........
At least before, I could pretend that she had no clue..........now, I know she is just a sucky human being.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment