Sunday, November 6, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Lots of craziness going on at the Kendrick house lately.....

Kaileigh joined girl scouts which gives her & I something fun to do, but it is going to involve a LOT of time and energy.  Hope we are up to it.

Hunter is overwhelmed by the amount of homework his AP classes are generating (and that means **I** am overwhelmed by his attitude at times).

My parents have totally flipped their ever-loving lids and I am trying to decide how to deal with that.  I am usually pretty quick to remove toxic people from my life, but these are my PARENTS, so that feels like it is not an option.  Ugh - that is a topic to tackle later (I feel like Scarlett "I won't think of this now.  I'll think about it tomorrow")

I have discovered Pinterest and that is an OVERWHELMING time-suck.  But I have a ton of ideas for the new house.

Oh yeah, David and I are buying a house....

And he hates Pinterest with a passion.  LOL  Just because I have gotten some AWESOME ideas for him US to build, make, create, buy, etc.....

I have spent the last month cleaning out closets and cabinets and furniture, etc.  I am taking it VERY slowly and doing a little every day, except I got off track and did nothing but play on Pinterest for like 2 weeks.... so then the realtor called Thursday and told me that the mortgage broker had told her we could have a closing date as early as THIS Friday.... about 3 weeks earlier than we expected and I went into full-blown panic mode....

I am calm now - sort of....

I did have a mini-panic attack in Home Depot Friday trying to decide between brushed nickel and oil-rubbed bronze fixtures.... The bronze will blend better with our front door and has kind of an old world feel - the brushed nickel will clash with the front door, but kind of blend with everything else and has a more modern feel.  Basically David told me I had to choose between the two.  Hey, I prefer an eclectic mish-mosh, but he is apparently not a fan of that.

I am going to TRY to update more often and include less about my crazy-ass  family and more about our progress as we move, organize and decorate....

Here are a few pictures to show you what I am dealing with here (these are the MLS photos, but the ones of the BEAUTIFUL roses are on my phone - across the room and I am all comfy in my bed, so this is what I can access quickly - lol).


This is the front (duh) - the shutters, the downspout, the motion sensing light, the weird electrical box on the front of the converted garage, the "porch" light an the planter all need some love - some TOUGH love in some cases......













 




This is the back yard/patio area.  I may have forgotten to mention that this guy was a FREAK.....  He had not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 (FOUR) satellite dishes in the backyard.  (Have not found a Pinterest pin showing any decorative use for them, so they will HAVE TO GO!!!!!)  He also had a chicken coop or a shooting house or something beyond the privacy fence, electric fence all along the top of the privacy fence, motion sensing lights EVERY WHERE, and 3 pole mounted video surveillance cameras in the tiny back yard.....  We think he may have been supplementing his income by selling medicinal herbs of the illegal variety... but we are just guessing.







No comments:

Post a Comment