Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hmmm - and this is my fault how exactly?????

My 14 year old has taken advantage of my awesomeness for too long....apparently he removed the parental controls from his computer and I found out Friday.

So.... I installed BETTER parental controls AND 2 different sets - LOL!!! PLUS his laptop now lives in the living room. The parental controls allow me to set the times he is allowed to log in on his laptop. AWESOME - may I say, AWESOME idea!!!

So.... last night, he had a rough draft for a research paper to type. He started at 3:30. Did no chores yesterday bc it was "urgent" and would only "take another 15 minutes" - whatever.... He was fiddle-farting around all day. So... at 6:30, I told him that his computer automatically will shut down at 10. I reminded him at 7:30, 8:30 & 9:30. By the way, this is a 5 page paper - someone could have chiseled this thing in granite in 6 hours!

At 10 pm, shock of shocks, the computer locked him down. Little bugger could not figure out a way around the parental controls, so he starts ranting & raving at me how *****I***** have ruined his life and caused him to fail.....

Wrong answer, boyfriend!

I have been calm since Friday - my house is clean - but I have been calm. I have not raised my voice, I have not beaten him, I have been calm and AWESOME - have I mentioned that I am an AWESOME mom????

But this, this, this made me lose it.... So he demanded that I send a note to his teacher. (I could have overridden the parental controls and printed out his paper, but I am an evil mom & enjoy seeing my children fail - yeah, right!). Here is the note I sent:

"Hunter will turn in his rough draft a day late. He is not allowed on the computer after 10 pm and since he piddled away the afternoon, he did not get it typed before the parental controls locked him out. Since I am the world's worst mother, I thought you should know that it is all my fault he is going to fail. It has absolutely nothing to do with the 6 hours he spent pretending to type to get out of doing his chores."

So, do you think he gave it to her????? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment