Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seriously???

I finally got to go to church this past Sunday morning - realized it had been about 6 weeks since I had been. I know I was out of town one week & had the flu one week, but those other weeks - we let things get in the way of church - like Kaileigh was sick, but geeze, Kaileigh is always sick - she has asthma & 3 different types of heart conditions - she has not missed school, so why did we miss church????? Ugh - just ugh.

I have some social anxieties anyway, but I realized Sunday that the reason I have not been to church is that I am avoiding someone. Hmm - not a good reason. Well, maybe a good reason if you know the story. Which I am not getting into here. For a lot of reasons.

So now, I know & I can work on it. Pray that I can address it with the person & get past what happened.

But seriously? I let my issues with someone else's behavior, or rather misbehavior, affect MY worship experience. What is up with that? Why do I do that? I tend to allow myself to become overly involved with other people & internalize their issues. Seriously? Ugh, darn my parents & their teaching empathy & love.......

No comments:

Post a Comment