OMG - we went to the Pumpkin Patch yesterday with a million kindergarteners - maybe more like 150, but it really felt like a million!!!!
You know Kaileigh is a shrimp, right - a tiny, short thing? Anywho, this boy was so, so tall - taller than a 3rd grader for sure. He was so protective of her - "Stop, don't push Kaileigh" when all the kids (including my precious angel) were pushing & shoving. "Hey, it's Kaileigh's turn - back up" when I am not so sure it WAS Kaileigh's turn. "Kaileigh, come sit by me" - "Kaileigh, let's do this together" etc, etc. etc.
And his name is Caleb - Kaileigh & Caleb - how cutesy!
ANYWAY, so I thought it was cute & his mom thought it was cute (which is great since she is Kaileigh's teacher this year - LOL).
They were talking about movies on the hayride - and even though Kaileigh has speech issues, they were carrying on this little adult-like conversation about movies - like they were on a date or something. Then Kaileigh got a little excited & started rattling on & on & was hard to follow. Caleb touched her arm & said "Kaileigh, slow down & let me catch up." It was so sweet.... it was so awesome....
I think **I** love Caleb - if they were a little older, I would be gathering her dowry! Seriously, well, yeah, seriously!!!!
LOL
Oh, I forgot the BEST part. So I asked Kaileigh about Caleb & she said "Moooooom, he is NOT my boyfriend! He is just my very, very good, dear friend who is a boy." OK, then! What about the hand holding & hugging & sweetness????? "Mom, you are way, way too silly - we did not hold hands."
So now, I need my eyes checked apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment