My daughter is hilarious.
Really.
Without even trying.
I am jealous.
Anywho.....
Earlier this week, I was in a rush getting her ready for school & trying desperately to get her to put on her jacket. The following is our conversation.
Me - Kaileigh, put on your jacket.
K - I don't need a jacket - it's too hot outside for a jacket, Mom. (Keep in mind it was in the 40s at this point & the high was going to be mid-50s)
Me - WHY do you think that?
K - Because I know everything.
Me - (Laughing) Oh yeah? Do you know the capital of North Dakota?
K - Uhh - that's not important, we don't live in North Dakota, MOTHER. (Yep, she has inherited my son's most annoying habit of calling me MOTHER in that drippy, sarcastic way that makes it sound like a really, really, really nasty word).
Me - Ok, then, Ms. SmartyPants, Do you know the capital of Alabama?
K - (Utterly exasperated with me, puts her hands on her hips) OF COURSE I DO, MOTHER....
Me - Well, what is it?
K - (DEEEEEEEEEP sigh) It's AUBURN, silly!!
I laughed until I hurt.
I think it is awesome that she thinks that.
I forgot to correct her.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's my girl!
ReplyDelete