Sunday, January 31, 2010

Conversations with a Teenager - Seriously folks, you cannot make this stuff up!!!!!


From Friday:

Me "Hunter, you have to decide - are you going hunting this weekend or not."
H - "Is it raining?"
Me "YES"
H- "I bet it will be cold, too."
Me - "Probably"
H - "Is Uncle Dale going?" (My brother Dale is the designated cook on these weekends - if he does not go, the men all starve!!! lol)
Me - "I am not sure"

(we are all slowly growing older as we wait for Hunter to speak again) -

H - "I want to go hunting, but not if it's raining or cold."
Me - "OK - I'll let them know"
H - "Don't tell them why - then they will think I'm not a REAL hunter."

(long pause)

"Maybe I should just go - you don't think I will get wet, do you?"


yeah - I did not let him go. He's blond, too, by the way!!!





From today:

Me (on phone with the ex, relaying info to the said teenager) "Dad wants to know if you want to go to dinner for Papaw's birthday"
H "Where are they going?"
Me "Not sure, but they are leaving in 20 minutes, will you be hungry?" (We had just had a HUGE lunch)
H "I don't know - depends on where they are going."
Me (after getting the info from the ex) "OK - Red Lobster?"
H "Sure, I'll go - but tell him I want dessert & an appetizer."
The Ex "Gee - tell him thanks for gracing us with his presence - glad he approves of our choice."
Me "Welcome to my world."



Aren't teens fun????

Now you know why I talk more about my 6 year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment