I never make New Year's Resolutions. Not really. I always have a list of things to work on, but none are usually tied to the New Year.
My current list is kind of short..... not because I have completed anything on my previous lists, but because I realized a lot of that stuff was not really important.....
Currently, I am working on forgiveness - forgiving other people for being human, for making mistakes, for hurting me.
I am working on being a better mommy - helping my kids become human, letting them make their own mistakes, not saying "I told you so" nearly so often, guiding them instead of telling them what to do.
I realized as I was working through my list that a lot of this revolved around my expectations of others & the way I want everyone to be perfect all the time - including myself. If I cannot be perfect, why bother? That has always been my attitude.
If I cannot be a perfect size 2, why bother watching what I eat? I'll never have the "perfect" body - so I might as well be fat.
If I cannot do something perfectly, why bother trying?
If someone else is not perfect, I write them off..... I gripe, I nag, I push, I really don't mean to do this - I don't realize I do it.....
So in 2011, I give myself permission to make mistakes, I give others permission to make mistakes.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i so struggle with this!!!
ReplyDelete