I have been too open about my struggles with David. I have been too honest about our issues.
Really.
I have not told very many people that I am even considering it. The ones I have told have not been very enthusiastic. There was one "Oh NO you don't - NOT AGAIN" and a few other choice words from another person.....
But you know, that is the way it is sometimes.
So who do I listen to..... whose opinion really matters?
I don't know what God's will is in this situation. I have prayed and prayed for the last 11 years about this man.... specific to marriage. (I have prayed for him for 25 years, if truth be told). I seem to get conflicting answers. This time, I am getting stony silence from God, it seems.
I am choosing to CAUTIOUSLY .......and I cannot stress that word enough...... move forward with allowing David to heal the hurts he has heaped on me (say that 5 times fast).....
He has been very patient and very understanding so far. So far also being a key phrase since it has been a very, very short time......
He has taken it upon himself to read the book my homegroup is currently reading. We are also working through a marriage study that we started several years ago, but never finished - well, I finished reading it - he gave up after the 2nd chapter way back when..... He says he is still undecided about the whole "agnostic thing" which drives me nuts, but he has had so many years of playing at church, I would rather him be honest now than to pretend to be something he is not.
He does not realize that I know it, but he is also reading through The Love Dare and working on the dares. Not sure whether to be flattered that he wants to or insulted that he needs to ..... but I am glad he is making the effort.
We are still getting phone calls from his *super* stalker...... so David offered to change his phone number and he has....... He also bought us both new phones and is paying the bill for all 3 (mine, his & Hunter's).
I am so tempted to contact her bishop, since she & her husband were more concerned with losing their jobs if their church should find out than with the actual issues..... She is a MINISTER for crying out loud - should the sin not be her concern??????? Or her husband's for that matter?????? He is also a minister.
It reminds me that people put on whatever facade they want you to see..... and reminds me once again to proceed with caution......
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment