Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's a Bouncing Baby GIRL this time..............

7 years ago today, I don't know what I was doing. But somewhere across town here in a hospital, a baby was being born.




These pictures are from the 2nd & 3rd days we ever met her, and then one from just 2 short months later on her first trip to the beach.



Today, that "baby" woke me at 3 am to ask me if she was 7 years old yet. And then she asked me where her presents were.

She is my daughter in ways that I never imagined when we talked about adoption. She is such a little mini-me in so many ways.

She is the most precious gift God has ever given me. She has taught me so much about life, about death and about living for the moment. We have always known she may not live to be an adult and often we have been told she may not live another day or another hour. God performs miracles every day and now when we see those same specialists, they shake their heads and admit that she actually might *gasp* live.......... It is awesome.

1 comment: