Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Moving In

The kids & I have lived in this stark white-walled apartment for 18 months and I have not put a single picture on the wall...I have not decorated in any shape, form or fashion. It is sad really -

I realized this week that I was subconsciously thinking this was just a brief stop - like magically I would snap my fingers & get my old life back - my house, my marriage (maybe), my (foster) kids...... I don't know.....

Anyway, the marriage is dead, the only kids that are mine already live here and "my" house is now owned by someone else. This is where we live - not just where we are camping out briefly.....

So, we are moving in.... unpacking the photos & the "pretty-pretties" as my daughter calls them....

I realized also that in the downsizing, those pretty-pretties were the first things to go, so I guess I need to go shopping.....

I am so challenged when it comes to decorating, too, so this may be a rough month!!!!

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment