Sunday, February 21, 2010

For Once I am Speechless, sort of......

Today, my very awesome, very calm, always sane sister-in-law freaked out. I hurt so much for her......

Their house was burglarized about a month ago. My brother was off on a hunting weekend with my dad, our other brother, my son & my ex-husband. Lori & Owen would have been home except that Owen wanted to spend the night with his Grandmother......

Lori walked in the next morning to a total violation - drawers, closets, appliances, etc. all ransacked....$12,000 worth of stuff stolen.....

Well, they know who did it - they have known it for the whole time, but could not prove it - but now they caught the kids & found some of the stuff - the kids were breaking into another house when caught & they admitted to the burglary at Dale & Lori's......

It was their neighbor. A 16 year old drug addict who has been in & out of juvenile since he was 8 (amazing enough to me) and 2 of his buddies.

They have put their house on the market, but she lost it today when she was talking about it. She said she cannot continue to live in that house - ever.

She had some valid points. But she is also paralyzed by fear. She has been traumatized by this whole thing. I told her she has been in our family for too long - her family does not rant & rave, that is a McGriff thing..... She laughed, but she was still wildly upset.....

Court is tomorrow (which is quick - I am thinking it may just be an arraignment) - I hope Lori does not fall apart tomorrow if the judge is lenient...... To be truthful, I hope the judge is not lenient....

Please pray for Dale, Lori & Owen tomorrow.... I just want them to have some peace until their house sells!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. that is one of my biggest fears! i am definitely praying for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not help that my brother is sooooooooo calm and laid back about it. It makes her even crazier - she thinks he does not care!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete